Director General,Directors,Collector,Additional Director required in KPK Government Excise & Taxation Department ,
Jobs Available in KPK, PAKISTAN !
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Revenue||
Nature of employement
CONTRACT for 3 years – 6 Months probation
Main Purpose of Job
- To act as the administrative head of KPRA to look after the day to day affairs of KPRA.
- Serve to fulfill the mandates of KPRA Act, 2013, KP Sales Tax on Services Act, 2013 and any other fiscal laws, assigned to the Authority.
- To devise, implement and monitor strategies for voluntary compliance and collection of maximum revenue through judicious enforcement of laws and mobilization of resources.
- To propose collection targets
- To determine territorial and monetary jurisdictions for different officers of KPRA.
- To create and maintain taxpayers facilitating environment in the Province.
- To create conducive working environment, coordinate, and provide leadership, motivation and opportunities for development of human resource within Authority.
- Interaction and coordination with offices of Chief Secretary and Secretary Excise & Taxation.
|MP – 1|
- Policy Making Council
- Provincial Government through Secretary Excise & Taxation
No. of Direct Reports Total Staff Controlled
12 + 4 + 1
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Revenue Authority
|Key Result Areas||
|Performance Standard Required|
|Planning and achieving revenue targets.||
|100% or more of the target to be achieved|
|Effective performance of administrative||
|All meetings of Council and Authority|
|functions.||conducted within prescribed time. All|
|administrative matters handled on time.|
|Ensuring optimum taxpayers facilitation within||
|All issues and queries to be addressed within|
|Khyber Pakhtunkhwa||30 days. Management of tax-payers|
|facilitation/call centers with minimum|
|Effective utilization of human resource.||
|Capacity building for achievement of targets|
- Knowledge of Sales Tax Laws/allied law & accounts.
- ESTA Code
- Financials Control & budgeting.
- Modern management practices.
|Special Skills||Personal Qualities|
||Leader ship skills||
- Managerial Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
|Main Tasks & Responsibilities||Expected Performance Standard|
||Forecasting & planning||Relative accuracy of estimates|
||Achieving Revenue Budget||100%|
||Preparation and utilization of expenditure budget||Minimum variance in budget’s actual|
|utilization. Minimum audit objections.|
|II Supervisory Functions|
||Follow up of proceedings, appeals/references to||No time barred cases or ex-parte|
|Appellate Forums||cases/relative success in appeals|
||Monitoring, management and collections of taxes.||Ensures that every taxpayer is audited at|
|least once during the fiscal year.|
||Monitoring and compliance of audit and||100% compliance/ settlement within|
|inspection reports||stipulated time.|
||Timely submission of monthly performance report||All required reports and statement to be|
|and other related statements||prepared and sent to the concerned quarters|
|within prescribed time.|
|III Tax payer Facilitation|
||Issuance of Refunds||Decision on refund applications as per the|
||Prompt disposal of complaints||provisions of law.|
- Development, maintenance and regular upgrade of ICT facilities
|All complaints to be addressed within 30|
|days and to initiate proceedings.|
|IV Human Resources|
||Placements to be based on matching of|
|skills/competencies with specific position|
||Officers & staff training based on need|
|continuous training in the officers and staff of the||analysis.|
|Authority and field staff.|
||Identifying at least 25% top performers and|
|recommending rewards for them.|
|Introduction of culture of|
- Guides the Authority in the fulfillment of its mandate. In guiding and directing the Authority, ensures that the focus of the Authority’s attention is on strategically important issues and that there is cohesion of direction and purpose at a policy and strategic level.
- Convenes, and presides over, Authority meetings. In consultation with other Directors, sets and approves the agendas for meetings, and ensures that minutes of the meetings are drafted and subsequently reviewed and approved and implemented.
- Represents the Authority and appears on its behalf at official meetings, functions, judicial forums, and legislature etc. and will have prime responsibility for interaction with the Policy Making Council, Minister Finance or Excise & Taxation, Secretaries, and other government officials, having due regard to the Authority’s mandate.
- Ensures through an active liaison with the Provincial Government that the Authority has the resources required to fulfill its responsibilities, including the provision of timely and relevant background information for Authority and Council meetings and educational opportunities for Authority members, and that sufficient time is allotted during meetings for effective discussion of agenda items and key issues and concerns.
- In conjunction with the Directors, facilitates the effective and transparent interaction of Authority members and Government by taking steps to ensure that the Government is fully aware of the concerns of the Authority on matters
falling within its mandate and that the Authority is aware of the principal concerns of Government.
- Oversees the formation of any Sub-Committees and the integration of their activities with the work of the Authority and ensures that where Authority functions have been delegated to Sub-Committees, the functions are carried out and results are reported to the Authority. Nominates Directors to serve as Chair, Vice-Chair and/or members of each Sub-Committee, to be appointed for fixed terms, or as otherwise required, by resolution of the Authority.
- Builds consensus and develops teamwork within the Authority.
8. Liaises with and provides direction to his subordinates on matters affecting the work of the Authority.
- Maintains knowledge of corporate governance practices in the public and private sectors and promotes the adoption of “best practices”, where appropriate, in how the Authority and its employees function.
- Collaborates with the Directors and Collectors in order to fulfill the Authority’s mandate; exchanging information on governance and performance issues; identifying problems within, and reviewing strategies for the Authority; and maintaining accountabilities within the organization.
- Delegates to members and officers of the Authority such duties and functions as are deemed necessary in order to fulfill the mandate of the Authority and make the best use of its resources.
- Ensures effective and transparent processes for review and evaluation of Authority, Directors and Employees working in Authority.
- Ensures that there is an up-to-date orientation program for employees of the Authority aimed at increasing their knowledge about the KPRA, its governance structure and operating environment, and corporate governance practices. Participates in the orientation and mentoring of his subordinate officers.
- Shall perform all or any tasks, listed in the job description of a Director.
- Any other responsibility prescribed or assigned by Government.
(a) At least a Master’s or equivalent degree either in Economics, Political Science, Law, Public Administration, Accounting or Public Financial Management from a recognized University or Institution; and
(b) At least twenty five years’ experience in the relevant field, including five years’ experience in tax administration or financial management at senior position.
(c) Shall not have exceeded sixty five years of age.
(d) Any other qualifications which the Government may be prescribe.
Process of Selection
- Advertisement in leading English and Urdu Daily Newspapers (7 days response time)
- Short-listing of CV on selection criterion (3 days)
- Interviews by Steering Committee (At 15th day of Advertisement)
- Marking Criterion:
|a. Vision||= Up to 10|
|b. Knowledge of the Job||= Up to 40|
|Tax Policy||up to 10|
|Legal and Constitutional||up to 10|
|Implementation knowledge||up to 10|
- Tax administration
- Personality including communication skills
- Current on tax issues
- Additional Qualifications
- Relevant Publications
- Leadership – HR – Team player
up to 10
= up to 10
= Up to 10
= Up to 10
= Up to 10
= Up to 10